Several programs are underway to enhance sustainability within the
Madison school community
- Current initiatives at CAS include: composting, vegetable garden (see garden blog by clicking here), annual bike swap, juice carton recycling, Green Ambassador Program and walk to school program.
- At KRS, composting program and vegetable garden are in place. You can follow their blog at: https://krsgreenteam.wordpress.com.
- TJS is busy with trashless Thursdays, composting program and butterfly garden development. MJS is involved in Trash to Treasure Days.
- And MHS has installed reusable water bottle filling stations, is actively promoting decreased use of plastic bottles, runs the composting education during Day of Service, holds the annual bike donation for Pedals for Progress and participates in beach sweep clean-ups with Clean Ocean Action during fall and spring. All schools are participating in the shoe drive.
- For more information on any of these programs, or to get involved, consult the schools’ respective homepages at http://www.madisonpublicschools.org